Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life Is Messy.

I've just finished Grey's Anatomy season 1. Had to rush cause my mum's colleague wants to borrow it. Sooo, I've actually finished it in a day. Surprising huh? Well, maybe it's cause that there's only 9 episodes in season 1. It's great you know. Gave me more semangat to become a doctor, saving people's life. Heee. But it was emo as well, I mean seeing people dying in front of you and all. The show is funny in someway too. I like Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) and of course McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey). *drools* And the soundtracks are good too. :DD


MEREDITH: "We should forget it ever happened."
DEREK: "What? You sleeping with me last night? Or you throwing me out this morning? 'Cause both are fond memories I'd like to hang on to."
MEREDITH: "No, there will be no more memories. I'm not the girl in the bar anymore and you're not the guy. This can't exist. You get that, right?"
DEREK: "You took advantage of me and now you want to forget it?"
MEREDITH: "I did not take-"
DEREK: "I was drunk vulnerable and good looking and you took advantage."
MEREDITH: "Okay. I was the one who was drunk and you are not that good looking."
DEREK: "Maybe not today, but last night I was very good looking. I had on my red shirt, my good-looking shirt, and you took advantage."
MEREDITH: "I did not!"
DEREK: "Would you like to take advantage again, say Friday night?"

MEREDITH: [narrating] "It's all about lines. The finish line at the end of residency, waiting in line for a chance at the operating table, and then there’s the most important line, the line separating you from the people you work with. It doesn’t help to get too familiar to make friends. You need boundaries, between you and the rest of the world. Other people are far too messy. It’s all about lines... drawing lines in the sand and praying like hell no one crosses them."

DEREK: "Seattle has ferryboats?"
MEREDITH: "Yes."
DEREK: "I didn’t know that. I've been living here six weeks, and had no idea there were ferryboats."
MEREDITH: "Seattle is surrounded by water on three sides."
DEREK: "Hence the ferryboats. Now I have to like it here. I wasn’t planning on liking it here, since I'm from New York, and am genetically engineered to dislike everywhere except Manhattan. But I do have a thing for ferryboats."
MEREDITH: "I'm not going out with you."
DEREK: "Did I ask if you'll go with me? Do you want to go out with me?"
MEREDITH: "I'm not dating you and I'm definitely not sleeping with you again. You're my boss."
DEREK: "No, I'm your boss' boss."
MEREDITH: "You're my teacher and my teacher's teacher. And my teacher!"
DEREK: "I'm your sister. I'm your daughter."
MEREDITH: "You're sexually harassing me."
DEREK: "I'm just riding in an elevator."
MEREDITH: "Look, I'm drawing a line. The line is drawn. Thereis now a big line."
DEREK: "So this line... is it imaginary or do I need to get you a marker?"

DEREK: "So we're kissing but we're not dating?"
MEREDITH: "I knew this was going to come up."
DEREK: "Don't get me wrong, I like the kissing. I'm all for the kissing. More kissing, I say!"
MEREDITH: "I have no idea what that was about."
DEREK: "Is it going to happen again? Let me know next time. I'll bring breath mints. Put a condom in my wallet."
MEREDITH: "Shut up. Now."

MEREDITH: [narrating] "At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out, they fence you in. Life is messy, that's how we're made. So you can waste your life drawing lines or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines that are way too dangerous to cross. Here's what I know. If you're willing to throw caution to the wind and take a chance, the view from the other side... is spectacular."

DEREK: "You make out with patients now?"
MEREDITH: "What, are you jealous?"
DEREK: "I don't get jealous."
MEREDITH: "We had sex. Once."
DEREK: "And we kissed in an elevator."
MEREDITH: "And we kissed in an elevator. Once."
DEREK: "No, seriously. Go out with me."
MEREDITH: "No."
DEREK: "You know, I almost died today. Yeah, I came like this close. How would you feel if I died and you didn't get a chance to go out with me?"
MEREDITH: "Get over yourself already."
DEREK: "C’mon!"
MEREDITH: "It’s the chase, isn't it?"
DEREK: "What?"
MEREDITH: "The thrill of the chase. I've been wondering to myself, why are you so hell-bent on getting me to go out with you? You know you're my boss. You know it’s against the rules. You know I keep saying no. It’s the chase."
DEREK: "Well... its fun isn't it?"
MEREDITH: "You see! This is a game to you, but not to me. Because, unlike you, I still have something to prove."

DEREK: "It's not the chase."
MEREDITH: "What?"
DEREK: "You and me. It is not the thrill of the chase. It's not a game. It's... it's your tiny ineffectual fists. And your hair."
MEREDITH: "My hair?"
DEREK: "It smells nice. And you're very, very bossy. It keeps me in line."
MEREDITH: "I'm still not going out with you."
DEREK: [smiles] "You say that now."

MEREDITH: "You know when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales? That fantasy of what your life would be -- white dress, prince charming who’d carry you away to a castle on a hill. You’d lie in your bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa clause, the tooth fairy, prince charming -- they were so close you could taste them. But eventually you grow up and one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is, it’s hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope and faith that one day they would open their eyes and it would all come true."

MEREDITH: "You know, you keep taking everything on faith. How do you know what’s real and what’s not?"
DEREK: "You just do. You know some people would call this a relationship. Time to exchange keys, leave your toothbrush over."
MEREDITH: "Who, who would call it that?"
DEREK: "Me, I would."
MEREDITH: "And I’m supposed to believe you. Show me something. Give me a reason to believe."

MEREDITH: [narrating] "But the thing is, it’s hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely, because almost everyone has that smallest bit of faith and hope that one day they would open their eyes and it would all come true. At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don’t really expect it. It’s like one day you realize that the fairy tale is slightly different than your dream. The castle, well it may not be a castle. And it’s not so important that it’s happily ever after -- just that it’s happy right now. See, once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you. And once in awhile, people may even take your breath away."

MEREDITH: [narrating] "The thing people forget is how good it can feel when you finally set secrets free. Whether good or bad, at least they're out in the open, like it or not. And once your secrets are out in the open, you don't have to hide behind them anymore. The problem with secrets is even when you think you're in control, you're not."

MEREDITH: [narrating] "Secrets can't hide in science. Medicine has a way of exposing lies. Within the walls of the hospital, the truth is stripped bare. How we keep our secrets outside the hospital -- well, that’s a little different. One thing is certain, whatever it is we're trying to hide; we're never ready for that moment when the truth gets naked. That's the problem with secrets -- like misery, they love company. They pile up and up until they take over everything, until you don't have room for anything else, until you're so full of secrets you feel like you're going to burst."

MEREDITH: "So just for the record, you’d tell me if I need to get tested, right?"
DEREK: [whispers] "You think I have syphilis?"
MEREDITH: "No, I don't. It's just... I mean we never made any rules or anything... we never said we had rules and I wouldn’t hold it against you."
DEREK: "When would I have time to go out and get syphilis? You’re a handful enough as it is. And besides, we’re practically a condom ad."
MEREDITH: "Yeah...But no more glow-in-the-dark ones."

DEREK: "Maybe we should, you know, make some rules."
MEREDITH: "We should."
DEREK: "Okay."
MEREDITH: "Okay."
DEREK: "Just for the record... I like the glow-in-the-dark ones."
MEREDITH: [laughs] "I bet you do."

PRESTON: "Why are you in this line?"
CRISTINA: "It’s the syphilis line."
PRESTON: "You don’t need to be in this line."
CRISTINA: "I don’t?"
PRESTON: "There’s no one else. That surprises you?"
CRISTINA: "Nothing surprises me."
PRESTON: "Do I need to be in this line?"
CRISTINA: "No."
PRESTON: "Okay then."
CRISTINA: "Okay.
------
Btw, my grandparents and uncle are coming today. Can't wait. HEEEEE. :DD And, I'll be having tuition tonight. pfft. Ciao.

No comments: